Sunday, February 3, 2008

Chinese New Year is coming up !!!


Next week is Chinese New Year, as you know that it’s a big deal for Chinese people. Especially, at this time, I really want to go home and eat the New Year Eve’s dinner with my family. In our culture, we usually have chafing dish with family during the Chinese New Year, and we call it “ Wei Lu”. “ Wei Lu” in Chinese symbolizes that the members of family have a reunion.

Last week, I had called my mom, and she suggested that I and Aries can have chafing dish by ourselves. I thought that is not bad. Therefore, I bought a lot of food yesterday, and cooked it today. However, when everything was ready to cook, my electric oven which I brought from Taiwan was not working!!! After we checked it, we were sure it is broken…

You may not believe I was depressed all day because my electric oven was broken….Actually, I wanna cry….I can’t go home to have a reunion, also I will not have chafing dish…

No comments: