Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Journal # 4 A Rude Apartment Manager

I have come to America for one and half year. First year, I and Aries rented an apartment, but I really hated the manager of that apartment because there were a lot of reasons. There was a story about our affray.

Now, let’s call that manager is Mr. L. I remember when we just moved in the apartment, Mr. L had told us that he was going to change our toilet, but he didn’t say when. At that time, I was happy because we would have a new toilet. One day when we finished school and went home, we detected the toilet was changed. Actually, I was angry because the worker didn’t ask us to get in our apartment.

As a result, I asked Mr. L. how the workers could get in our home without our permission. Then Mr. L said, “You don’t understand. Here is America. If you have something that need to fix, you need to wait long time. As a result, the best way is that let worker come anytime even you are not at home. Therefore, I opened the door for workers and this is a rule.”

At that time, I was so angry and told him,” what are you talking about. Did you think I am a stupid? I have been to many countries and I never heard this kind of thing. If I have something missing, who should be responsible? I don’t care how long I need to wait and I want you esteem us. This is rude that you get in the people’s home without their permission. If this situation happens again, I will call the police.”

I know he was very angry, but I don’t think I was wrong. I believe even I could not stay at home to wait for the workers, we could make an appointment by the other time. How could Mr. L get in our home by himself without our permission.

No comments: